In my ongoing pursuit of the abolition of those resillient extra five pounds, I think I've hit a plateau. It took Mickey pointing out to me, that, "You barely eat any food." It hadn't occurred to me. I think I eat when I am hungry. But maybe 1,500 calories a day isn't enough food for someone who does an hour of cardio a day. Maybe I've jacked up my metabolism. It's difficult to force yourself to eat MORE food when you're trying to lose weight. I'm munching on a turkey and swiss on wheat with Baconnaise as I type.
Yesterday at the gym, one of the gym rats approached me (I wanted to add that I don't voluntarily strike up conversations with people at the gym ~ I'd rather be left alone. But I digress.) and said, "Wow, you do a LOT of cardio. What do you run? About 8 miles?"
"It seems like 8 miles," I said. "But I think it's closer to 5."
What does it mean when complete strangers are worried about the amount of cardio I'm doing?
Regardless, cardiovascular health is the least of my issues. I have the heart and circulatory system of a 12 year old boy (not a 12 year old who sits and plays video games all day, either). Now if only all of this hard work will kick in and result in some Lean and Mean...
I'm going to get that tattoo, dammit! Three weeks to go.

I get it Pam. I refuse to believe that my metabolism is rebelling.
ReplyDelete