A couple days ago my throat started itching. I blamed it on Allergies, even though I've never really had Allergies. It's never too late to start, right?
Then yesterday my head started stopping up, and I thought, "Hmmmmm, runny nose is part of allergies, right?"
But then last night, my throat felt like I had gargled with gasoline (not that I've ever tried this, but I can imagine). My head was totally stopped up, and I felt like dog doo. I'm thinking now that instead of allergies, I have a cold or a flu. To make matters worse, Aunt Flo is visiting and not being a good house guest at all. I don't really remember even falling asleep. But I MUST have fallen asleep because I do distinctly remember being woken up at 1:30 a.m. by Mickey, who couldn't sleep and wanted someone to chat with.
After I put a pillow over my head and did my best to ignore Mickey, he got up and went into the living room. Lola went with him and asked to be let outside. Mickey said she ran around the back yard in the dark, ears flopping, with her unusual dopey lope. Then she scratched to be let back inside, went into the living room, squatted and peed a small river.
From my bedroom in the back of the house with a pillow still over my head, I can hear Mickey screaming and cussing and yelling to me that Lola had peed in the living room. I ignore this, too. For once, he can deal with the dogs, because after all, he apparently doesn't want to sleep and I, at this point, desperately need to sleep.
He put her in her crate. When I woke this morning at 9:00 a.m., the phone was ringing off the wall and Lola is whimpering to be let out.
Another day begins.
Hi, my comment does not have to do with your post today, but as I visited this family's blog, my heart is so tight, in pain for this parents. So I decided to do something and leave this comment on all the blogs I read... I don't know if it will or not, but I wish I could do something. As a mom, I can't imagine being separated from my baby, please sign te petition... I'm so hertbroken for this family! Maybe if we spread the word in the blogsphere... maybe something good will happen soon. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/return-dominic-johansson-to
ReplyDeleteon another note, hope you feel better soon!