I can't complain, but sometimes I do. Just for fun. But even though I suffer some minor irritations and road bumps, when I lump everthing together as a whole, I have been very LUCKY and BLESSED. [as witnessed by the fact that Mickey, laying a few feet away from me, just blurted, out of nowhere, "I love you Pammy." He's so sweet.]
THURSDAY of this week, my Darling husband, decided that "his baby" really needs and deserves a new Land Rover. I must admit, I liked my old Acadia. It was only two years old and still drove like brand new. And after I washed it, it still looked like a brand new car. The only problem with it was that I had put a ridiculous amount of miles on it during the two years I spent driving 3 hours a day for [that company that will remain nameless].
MICKEY said that he loves me and that I deserve it. And he wants to give it to me for an early birthday present. So we spent 3.5 hours of our lives (that we will NEVER get back) going through the motions of negotiating with the
THEN, (it gets better, if that's even possible) the next day Mickey and I drove to the sprawling, beautiful home of some good friends of ours for a Casino party. There was a live DJ and karaoke, catered food, dancing, lots of alcohol, pool, roulette and Blackjack Tables.
NOW, I don't normally gamble. It just seems so unfairly weighted. I don't enjoy wasting money. But since we were sponsors, we (Mickey and I) were given $5,000 to start. $5,000. So on the first role my number AND color came up on the roulette wheel. So my first $100 win was 35/1. So I made $3,400 the first time on the table. After that, I rarely lost. Until I had over $50,000 in chips. But I decided to keep playing. And then Mickey joined me and we ended up $28,000 positive.
Not a bad way to end a night. And a weekend.
I love being Me.

Pam - sounds like an awesome weekend all the way around!!! Congrats on the new Rover -- we had one for awhile - I LOVED IT!!!!
ReplyDelete