Sunday, March 21, 2010

Holding Down the Home Frontier


I Love my Dear Husband so. We spend oodles of quality time together, with him working from home and me, helping him work from home. It is always with a heavy heart that I bear to see him travel without me. I have learned how to cope, though.
For instance, for the next few days he is away on business. And I am here with Gunny and Lola. I have made a list of chores, tasks and otherwise grave sacrifices for Team Mickey, to make the time pass by faster until he and I can once again be united in Marital Bliss.
Today I will make the arduous trek to Hubbel and Hudson to the gourmet grocery section, where I will re-stock our dwindling supply of O'Brien's Seduction. And maybe a few other choice reds of equal caliber, along with some excellent imported cheeses, restaurant grade cuts of meat, and flavored salts.
But not before running 4 miles on the treadmill. Although my Dear Husband would love me as a size 12, I prefer to save HIM money by staying in my Size 2 jeans, for eternity. I am such a Good Wife that way.
Monday I have agreed to allow the Spa in town to try out their new Chemical Peel products on me. I hope to look 10 years younger when Mickey returns. While there I will pick up a new set of intimate decolletage in which to adorn myself for his viewing pleasure.
Another 4 miles on Monday, and I will by that time be in need of a massage. I might go for an hour and a half this time.
Tuesday the weather is predicted to be Superb circumstances for obtaining a stunning tan (wearing a hat, of course, since I will have just had a Chemical Peel).

Wednesday I will run another 4 miles, and do enough crunches and oblique reps to rival an olympic swimmer. My Dear Husband loves my ripped up belly. Weather permitting I will lay out again.

Thursday any of the adverse affects from the Chemical Peel should be barely (if at all) noticeable. And just in time for my Baby to finally make it back HOME. Where I will be tanned, buff, skin aglow, greeting him wearing my new lingerie.

It's a tough life but good for me I'm up for the Challenge.

We can't all be Barbies.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Hoopsie. I knew you would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, you've got to let me know how the peel goes. There's a local place here in my little podunk suburb that offers some VERY interesting looking options.

    Next time Kris & I come down to your neck of the woods I'm going to have to set aside actual time to check out H&H. The way too brief time I was in there was tantalizing!

    Maybe we can double date and keep the Bromance alive? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Mickey won't be able to make it thru the door without......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, we definitely need to kindle the Bromance.

    Dawn, he rarely does...

    ReplyDelete