Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time for Gardening

I hate the COLD weather.  I can't believe how freaking COLD it was here in Magnolia, this past Winter.  I'm tired of having cold feet and hands.  And about half of my tropical plants died.  It's hard to get farther South.  I need to live where there is no Winter.
But it's starting to warm up again.  The grass is turning green and the trees are showing buds (if not leaves).  I've turned the sprinklers back on.  It's time to be GREEN again.

And all this new greenery inspired me to assemble that outdoor fountain that I bought last Fall on sale.

It took me 2 hours.  But I got it up.   And I think it looks really cool.  And it WORKS.  Yay!

I planted two yucca plants on either side to (hopefully) deter Gunny and Lola from running into and over the fountain.  So far, they're using it as a Drinking Fountain.  I didn't realize when I bought it that it really DOES look like a drinking fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment