
I really don't know how I functioned when I had to drive into a "real job" every day. Taking care of this house (and the dogs and Mickey) really IS a full time job.
Since having this house built almost 3 years ago, I've lost count of how much money we've dumped into it. Outdoor lighting, sprinkler system, clearing and leveling the back yard, fence, more grass, more mulch, plants, trees, and the very popular and powerful FIRE PIT. It's in the tens of thousands already.
Our next project is to extend the back porch (which is currently a beaten down muddy area where Lola likes to eat dirt). I'm having a quote put together right now. I want to have an arched ceiling with a ceiling fan, a stone half wall, with an electrical outlet for a hot tub. And then I want to have a star etched into the concrete and have the entire area stained and glazed.
It's going to look so cool. I'll be sure and post pictures after it's completed.
Can't wait to see it! Your house is lovely.
ReplyDeletePam, your house is gorgeous from top to bottom. You and Mickey have definite righteous pride in your home and it shows!
ReplyDeleteThe new space outside is going to be stunning - I love stained concrete!
I especially love your fire-pit. What a great place to gather with friends, listen to the cicadas and sip some wine!