Wednesday, December 1, 2010

James is Deployed again

..to some armpit of the world.  He left early this morning and he will be gone 6-12 months with very little contact to me or his wife and kids.

I know this is part of military life, but damn, it really sucks.

I hate knowing he is in harm's way and not knowing and not being able to help him.  I hate that he won't be around for Christmas or his birthday.

I'm so glad he'll be getting out after this deployment.

Tonight I lit a prayer candle for him.  I'm not a praying type.  But tonight I am praying for his safety and his quick return.

If you are inclined to do so, please keep my son James in your thoughts and prayers.  He's a good son, a good father, a good soldier, and a good man.  I know he has important job ahead of him.   And I am very proud of him for the sacrifices he is making for this Country.

But I'm still worried.


2 comments:

  1. Saying lots of prayers for his safe return - and keeping you and his family in my thoughts daily.... Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for him too! And for you and his wife for peace while he is away.

    ReplyDelete