Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mickey Really is the Sweetest Man

I mean that, too.  Not just because he pays my bills and buys me nice things.  (not that those things hurt, mind you)

A couple days ago FedEx delivered a box addressed to Mickey.  I e-mailed him and told him his box arrived.  He said it was for "our son."  I thought he had bought something for Gunny. 

I called and asked Mickey if he wanted me to open it and he said, "Yes."  So I did.  And in the box was a deployment flag with one star, representative of the one child that "we" have deployed right now.  A deployment magnet (for my car), and a Christmas ornament that says, "Proud of my Soldier."

It was such a sweet and thoughtful thing of him to do.   I wish Mickey was home right now so I could hug him.  I wish James was home so I can take that flag down.  I have two wonderful Men.  I am very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment