Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hubbel & Hudson

I love this place.  It's a fantastic gourmet market, cooking school and swanky restaurant (that uses all ingredients from the market).  It's a cook's dream - even a hack like me.

Mickey suggested it. He said, "Hey, why don't we go to Hubbel & Hudson?"  And this, is his most certain to get laid, Mating Call.

I don't know how describe this place.  But really, anything you buy from there will be awesome.  What?  You think you don't like pate?  You will love THIS pate.  You say you don't like beets?  You've never had THESE golden beets with parsley, garlic and goat cheese.  And speaking of goat cheese, even if you THINK you hate goat cheese, the goat brie that I brought home will convert you to the Joy that is cheese made from goat's milk.

And the wine... let's just say that just like the food, there is not bad wine here.  But there is no better red wine than O'Brien's Seduction.  I bought 2 bottles of this stuff plus 4 bottles of other recommended wines.

And Truffle Butter from France.  This is the most awesome stuff I've ever eaten.  I bought a baguette there and sliced it in half and dabbed a little truffle butter and broiled it for a few minutes in the oven.  O.  M.  F.  G.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men, if you are following this blog... if you wife likes to cook at all, TAKE HER TO HUBBEL & HUDSON this coming weekend.  Not only will you get a Hummer, but your dinners for the following three nights will be AMAZING.  It's a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment