Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bikini Naval Gazing

In June I will be 44 years old.  And while I have NEVER really worried about my age and aging, I am very cognizant of the fact that I will be a 44 year old in a bikini.  And I don't want anyone ever to lean over to their buddy and whisper, "Look at that OLD chick in a teeny weeny bikini."  For that reason, I am GOING to lose these extra five pounds that are, for reasons unknown to me, clinging to my hips and ass like barnacles on a shrimp boat. 

And as if I needed more motivation than AGE, we have booked tickets to a 7-Day Caribbean Cruise and are taking the kids in July.  Lots of fun in the sun and photographs.  Joy.

The new swimsuit arrived in the mail today.  It's just darling.  And yes, it's teeny weeny.  So needless to say, I have lots of cardio in store in my very near future.  And salad.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention - I'm getting a freakin' AWESOME tattoo for my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment