Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paganism Prevails

My Mother tried her damnedest to turn me into a hypocritical religious zealout like herself.  But in her attempts, she alienated me from all things religulous.  But I believe that I have benefitted from this - I have an open mind.  And most importantly, I am not a HYPOCRITE.  I believe that everyone has a right to believe whatever they choose to believe, cult brainwashing and human/animal sacrificing not withstanding.  To each her own.

I've read up a lot on Pagan/Wiccan beliefs, and I have come to the realization that the Pagans had it right.

I know what you're thinking... those crazy pagans gather together in dark capes, encircling themselves in salt rings and casting spells on people.  I'm not saying that doesn't happen - it does.  But that is not what Paganism is about, really.  Paganism was and is SCIENCE.  Yes, before modern religion there was science.

At one time, all humans were Pagans.  The Pagans realized their place in the planet, as one of Dependency.  We depend on the elements (sun/fire, earth, water and wind), for our existence.  The Pagans didn't so much "worship" the elements, as they acknowledged their dependency on them.  For instance, the Pagans don't view the sun as a God in human form, but rather, they view the sun as the sun - a bright ball of fire that lights our planet, grows our plants, warms our skin, and sometimes, burns us and our crops.  Same for the earth, the wind and the water.  They are exactly what they are - nothing mystical - but part of life, good and bad.  But things that we as humans cannot live without.  And since the elements provide life for all living things on the earth, there is a "life force" within the elements.  Again, this is not mysticism, but rather Science. 

As with all good things, bad things evolve and this is what happened with Paganism.  The Pagans began putting more and more power into their own hands and started sacrificing humans.   This grotesqueness paved the way for mysticism and modern religion (Judeo/Christian/Islamic) to form hold.  Modern religion claims that we HUMANS have dominion over the earth.  And for the past 3,000 years or so, we have been setting to destroy the earth and our environment.  And quite successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment