It's so difficult being 1,500 miles away. I only get to see my little Darlings twice a year - Christmas and in the Summer.
Adrianna had no teeth and could barely crawl when I saw her last. Now she has 6 teeth and can walk on her own (although she seems to prefer crawling still).
Kaelen is smart and beautiful. James has her trained to say, "Yes, ma'am," and "No, ma'am," and "Please" and "Thank you." She has very good manners for a 6 year old. Scratch that. She has better manners than most grown-ups I know. She is so good with her little sister - not a jealous older sibling at all.
While there, they had a group Birthday Party. Adrianna's birthday was in May. My birthday was yesterday. Tina's birthday is in 2 weeks, and Kaelen's birthday is in 3 weeks. So while everyone was there, they rented a jumpy house, put out a water slide, and invited about 25 of their closest friends over. I made a cake.
I have to say, these Special Forces guys are such honorable guys. They're all very respectful towards me. They are the creme de la creme of the Army. And it shows. Everyone is a Team Player. And while a few guys got wasted, not one of them was an Asshole.
My friend Dee drove there from Raleigh. I love Dee. We're scheming to have a FUPFest get-together in this area. Her husband Chris WILL comply. Yes, he will. Or we will burn his drawers in a fire and then he will bleed from his rectum. Don't ask me how I know this. I just do.
Dee thinks that my son James looks like Brad Pitt. And I have to agree.
Speaking of James, here he is with Adrianna. James is a Special Forces Medic attached to the Scuba team. James is literally the top 3% of the entire Army. He's about to be E7 and he's only 25 years old. I spoke with one of his SF buddies there (KJ), who told me that James is afraid of his Mom (me). "Afraid" in a good way, which translates to respect in their world. He told me that he admires James and hopes to achieve the same status, that James is very squared away, is a good family man, and he's one of the smartest guys he's ever met.
You'd never guess this at first glance. James hides his nerdiness well. I'm so proud of my little boy.
While we were there, Tina (my daughter-in-law) took me to a tattoo parlor in town. When I told the artist what I wanted and where, warned me that this was the MOST PAINFUL AREA TO GET A TATTOO. I laughed and said, "Bring it on!" Then I sat and endured excrutiating pain for two hours. It was way more painful that I thought it would be. My toes were clinched tightly the entire time, and I gripped the mat so firmly that I left fingernail marks on it. I want to reiterate that it hurt like HELL. I wanted to cry but didn't. When I got up, I was tired from the anxiety. There was blood dripping from the flowers. I couldn't wear a bra for three days. Did I mention that it was was painful?
Mickey loved my new tat!
Yesterday was my birthday and after rain delays and getting in after midnight the night before, neither of us felt like doing anything so we just stayed in and got drunk. heh, heh, hehhhhh!!!!
My little G-Babes are coming in one week from now to stay a week with us while James and Tina go to Mexico. June has been an awesome month for me!




No comments:
Post a Comment