Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Freaking Out!!!

The wedding is in 3 days.  Actually it's 2:00 on Saturday.  Only I'll be there at noon until 5:00.  It's been a long time since I worked a job that required me to be gone for most of the day.

I wish I could have my bottom round roast tomorrow instead of Friday.  Tomorrow is Turkey Day, then.  In the morning I will stuff my prepared herb marinade under the skin of 4 turkeys.  During the day I will boil the pasta and then soak it in rice wine vinegar.  Some time tomorrow I have to go to the Facility and check it out and get the Lay of the Land.  

Friday I will go to the grocery store again and get the beef and the remaining vegetables and fruit.  I will briefly marinate the beef.  And then around noon I will braise it.  And then I will roast it for about and hour and a half.  And then let it sit.  Meanwhile I will chop the tomatoes and the mozarella and puree the pesto with balsamic and start marinating the tomatoes.  I will mix the pasta salad and put them all into containers.

Then I will begin brewing tea. 

Saturday morning I will begin chopping the meats and putting them into trays.  By noon I will be setting up a cheese/fruit display.  And before 2:00 I will have a buffet table set up and ready to go.  And then me (and my staff) will have fed 250 wedding guests.

Mickey and I are supposed to go to a dear friend's 50th birthday party at a swanky restaurant downtown.  Mickey thinks I won't be up for it.  But I think I will.

We'll see.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment