Monday, July 12, 2010

Sooo READY for this Cruise!!!!!

We reserved this trip five months ago.  It's hard to believe it's almost here.  Yesterday I sat down and completed the hour-long "pre-boarding process," which involved finding all of our passport and birth certificates and inputting all of that data, as well as the credit card information for the on-ship charges.  I love the fact that Carnival only allows minors to have $100 on their cards at any given time.  Carnival is smarter than all of the Disneyland Dad's.

Additionally, and quite shockingly, I am already packed (with 6 days to spare).  I have not yet decided if I am bringing my laptop or not.  I certainly won't be working.  But I might want to download some pics and post on the internet for the entire world to see, PRIOR to getting home.  That reminds me - must pack the charger for my camera.

As far as hygiene - I will get a bikini wax, for sure.  And I will get my hair and nails done.  But I have decided to skip the spray on tan.  I am a white girl, and eventually I must come to terms with this.

We have two adjoining cabins - one for me and Mickey and one for the kids.  This means that I WILL be bringing the pirate suit so I can steal some booty.  heh, heh, hehhhhhhhh!

Someone told me just recently that cruise ships lose on average one passenger per month - a statistic that was deliberately left out of the brochure.  And while the cruise lines consider this to be acceptable collateral, I find it a little bit daunting.

Wish us luck on our voyage, that no one topples overboard - either accidentally or on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment